|Charlie Ross. Photo courtesy of the Quick Center.|
- Star Wars fans of the world can unite with Charlie Ross coming to town! At 8 pm Friday, February 3, 2012, the talented Canadian actor brings his hilarious one-man-show One Man Star Wars Trilogy to Fairfield University’s Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts. An added bonus for ticket-holders is a post-show screening in HD of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” the 2008 animated feature film chronicling the further adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. Tickets are $30 and $25.
- HSO SUNDAY SERENADES SERIES: SOUNDS OF THE EUROPEAN MASTERS
with Leonid Sigal, artistic director and violin; Curt Blood, clarinet; Barbara Hill, French horn; Margreet Francis, piano
Sunday, Feb. 26│ 2 pm
Courtyard │ Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
Program: Johannes Brahms: Trio for Violin, Horn and Piano in E-flat Major; Camille Saint Saëns: Sonata for Clarinet and Piano in E-flat Major, Op. 167; Gian Carlo Menotti: Trio for Violin, Clarinet, and Piano
Tickets are $30 ($25 for HSO Subscribers and Atheneum Members). Ticket price includes general admission to the Wadsworth Atheneum on the days of the concerts. To purchase tickets or for more information, please contact HSO ticket services at 860-244-2999 or visit www.hartfordsymphony.org.
- Goodspeed Musicals has announced that Tony Award nominee Louise Pitre, known as Canada’s“first lady of musical theatre,” will take on the role of Mame Dennis in Mame at the Goodspeed Opera House beginning April 20.
- The Edgerton Center for the Performing Arts at Sacred Heart University continues its Retro Series with Melissa Manchester In Concert Saturday, Feb. 11 at 8pm.
- Jeanie O’Hare is the new chair of Yale's Department of Playwriting, effective July 1 for a three-year term.She comes to Yale from the Royal Shakespeare Company, where she has served as Company Dramaturg since 2005.