- Arts advocate and philanthropist Howard J. Aibel of Weston will be honored with the Westport Country Playhouse Leadership Award at the theater’s annual fundraising gala on the evening of Monday, Sept. 16. As previously announced, the Playhouse’s annual gala, entitled, “Sophisticated Lady: A Gala Evening Honoring Phylicia Rashad,” will also honor the Tony Award-winner, who directed Westport Country Playhouse’s A Raisin in the Sun last fall. Information or ticket purchases: Elizabeth Marks Juviler, special events coordinator, at 203-227-5137, ext. 123, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Downtown Cabaret Auditions for Children's Company: WEDNESDAY SEPT 4TH open call 5 to 9 pm
- Male and female musical theatre performers, *ages 16+
Child actors under 16 will be seen for Annie Jr. at a separate audition
Headshot/photo and resume required (email to email@example.com)
Seeking Strong actors that can sing and move well.
Two songs (up tempo and ballad). Have a 16 bar section ready.
Accompanist provided. Bring sheet music in correct key.
A dance call to establish basic movement skills may take place, please bring appropriate shoes
- 2013/2014 Season includes:
“How I Became a Pirate” Oct. 5-27
“Annie Jr.” Nov. 10- Dec. 29
“The Littlest Mermaid” Jan. 11 - Feb. 16
“Robin Hood” March 1 - 30
“Aladdin” April 12 - May 18
- Audition location: 263 Golden Hill Street, Bridgeport; www.downtowncabaret.org.
- Kate Classic: Long Day's Journey into Night Date: Tuesday, August 20
Times: 2pm & 7pm
Katharine Hepburn received her ninth Best Actress Oscar nomination for playing Mary Tyrone, a depressed, unstable addict in the movie version of Eugene O'Neill's drama, "Long Day's Journey Into Night". It is one of Katharine Hepburn's most famous performances (she herself considered this one her best) and it won her Best Actress at Cannes in 1962.
Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, 300 Main St., Old Saybrook. 877-503-1286; www.thekate.org.