- Triple Feature At The Kate! Wednesday, May 11 Featuring: 4 and 9 pm "Plagues & Pleasures On The Salton Sea;" 7 pm "Brave New West" (back special by request). The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center is located at 300 Main St., Old Saybrook. For tickets: call The Kate Box Office at 877-503-1286 or purchase online: http://www.katharinehepburntheater.org/.
- The Midtown Men will display their dazzling 1960s-era musical artistry as the headliners in Long Wharf Theatre’s 2011 Gala. The Gala will take place Friday, June 3 at 6 pm. Tickets to the entire event, which includes dinner, begin at $250. Show only tickets are $100. The Midtown Men – four stars from the original cast of Jersey Boys – will headline the event. They took Broadway by storm in one of the biggest hits of all time. Now they’re together again, taking their sensational sound on the road. Audiences across the country are raving about this one of a kind concert experience celebrating the music of the 1960s with classic songs by the Beatles, Beach Boys, Motown, The Four Seasons and more. Christian Hoff, Michael Longoria, Daniel Reichard and J. Robert Spencer, honed their craft portraying the Four Seasons on Broadway and have now created this unique and exciting homage to the 1960s.
For more information about the Gala or to buy tickets, call 203-787-4282 or visit www.longwharf.org. For more information about the Midtown Men, visit http://www.themidtownmen.com/.
- HSO POPS! SERIES Richard Rodgers Revue featuring The Hartt School
Saturday, May 14 at 8 pm, Mortensen Hall, The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
Program: Richard Rodgers’ greatest Broadway hits, including songs from State Fair, South Pacific, Oklahoma!, The Sound of Music, Carousel, Pal Joey, On Your Toes, The Boys from Syracuse, Me and Juliet, and Cinderella.
Tickets range from $30 to $62. Student tickets are $10. $20 tickets are available for patrons age 40 and under. Prices do not include applicable fees. To purchase tickets or for more information, please contact HSO ticket services at 860-244-2999 or visit http://www.hartfordsymphony.org/.
- The CT Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra together with the CT Lyric Opera (CLO) is pleased to announce the final performance of its 2010-2011 performance season, one of Giacomo Puccini’s greatest works, Tosca. Combining sumptuous music and sensational action, Tosca has thrilled audiences worldwide for more than a century and will be performed at the Palace Theater in Waterbury on Friday, May 20, at 8 pm. Tickets can be purchased at 203-346-2000, online at http://www.palacetheaterct.org/ or at the Palace Theater Box Office, 100 East Main St., Waterbury.
- MTC School of Performing Arts presents Disney's "101 Dalmatians: Junior Edition" in Westport. Friday, May 13 at 7:30 pm and Saturday, May 14 at 2 pm at Long Lots School, 13 Hyde Lane in Westport. Tickets are $12-$18, and reservations are suggested. For tickets, call Music Theatre of Connecticut at 203.454.3883 or visit http://www.musictheatreofct.com/.
- Yale Repertory Theatre and Yale School of Drama announce the 16th annual Dwight/Edgewood Project (D/EP). This annual after-school initiative pairs eight local middle-school students with Yale School of Drama mentors, designers, and directors. The students spend the month of June learning about theatre and writing original plays. The program culminates in performances of the students’ work at New Haven’s Off-Broadway Theater.
Eight original plays, written by the young playwrights and designed, produced, and performed by Yale School of Drama students, will be presented over two evenings. Performance dates are Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25 at 7 pm. New Haven’s Off-Broadway Theater is located at 41 Broadway. Admission is free and open to the public. Seating is available on a first come, first served basis.